Saturday, September 02, 2006

Pictures!


The higher-ups in Denver have a four day weekend for Labor day but for those of us on the ice Sunday is our only day off. (I can see why people in Denver might get the impression some people on the ice are bitter or unappreciative with them)

After sleeping in until 10 I had Sunday brunch and got ready to hike Observation hill to get a better view of McMurdo and the surrounding land. Ambient air temperature is -27F and there was a 30+ knot wind at the top of the hill so the cold sapped the power from my camera batteries almost as soon as I pulled it out of my parka.

The pictures I did get are posted on my website along with one of the pictures from arrival. Hopefully I'll have a little more time tonight to pop more pics up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Ware said...

Adam,
That is absolutely amazing stuff, I am definitely jealous. How was the C-17 ride, noise-wise?

I look forward to seeing more pictures in the near future.
Peace - Ben

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home