Sunday, August 20, 2006

Denver, CO

There wasn't much sleeping on my part last night.

I had been packing for a few days so I was confident I had everything but I had trouble sleeping. It was like trying to sleep before the first day of school

I checked in just before 7 for my 8:20 flight and was through security about 15 minutes later. My parents had driven me to the airport and were waiting on the other side of the glass to see me off. There was a bizarre feeling of being on display while I ate a Pop Tart from my bag. (feeding time at the zoo?)

The rest of the trip was uneventful until I got to Colorado where an airport shuttles driving made me fear for my life more than any airplane turbulence ever has.

I've been checked into my hotel since 2 central time so most of the afternoon has been spent watching the discovery channel and more or less being a vegetable since I got up at quarter 'til some ungodly hour this morning. I'm trying to stay awake long enough to be able to sleep through the night before my 6:30am breakfast tomorrow.

Dale Ernheart, the airport shuttle driver, told me there were 45 people coming in today to attend Raytheon training tomorrow. So far I've only met one: they guy fresh out of the NAVY who I'm sharing a suite with. If he's any indication of things to come it should be a good time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home