Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dude, It's like snowing and crap

Today it's snowing for the first time in almost two months.

Things have been hectic down here. I've been putting in a lot of time as a volunteer tour guide: I've led 3 4-6 hour trips this week in my time off.

For the week before and after the election I was spending my free computer time obsessively reading the news to see what was going to, and what did, happen.

I've also been taking some time to get cross trained on the power plant operation so I can fill in for an operator if one goes down sick or gets called out to one of the other stations.

My room mate just got back from three weeks out at one of the field camps. He got to live in a 8-foot plywood cube where the temperature was 30-40 degrees colder than it is here. He's a 19 year old competitive XC skiier who is always outside. We call him "Mittens" because he got second degree frost bite on his hands earlier in the season. Luckily he managed to make it through his time at the field camp without any lost digits.

The arrival of the snow means the weather is gettin warm. It's reliably been above 0 for a couple of weeks now and we're pushing +20 today. I've stopped wearing gloves when walking to work. My hands have blue spots on them but that's from the painting I'm doing and not from the cold.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cory says that the big chunk that came off Antarctica was your fault... you ate too much of the musical fruit and tooted real big :)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home